Wednesday, April 6, 2011

5 comandments for spring!

hey y'all so i ahvent posted in soooooooo longgg! omg ive been insanley busy! so now that spring has arrived i think I need to set some ground rules, in my opinon, that all women should follow =)

1. Hem lengths:
    So theres a reason why we have the finger rule, if its shorter than your middle finger with your hands at your sides its too short! Our bodies are porportiobal so witht he finger rule our skirts wont look too skimpy! Second, knee length skirts are too long for later spring, I think, but cotton boho skirts with a tee shirts is perfect, covered on the bottom then bare on top and with a cross body bag, toooo cute! I think for mid spring, slightly above knee, cotton skirts are PERFECT!

2. Check your daily temp!
     OMG so this morning I parked my car and was walking up to school and there were quite a few people wearing short-shorts, mini skirts, and tank tops without sweater or tights. It was like 32 degrees this morning and the temperature hasnt changed much form this morning and its about noon right now. Yes, it's spring but its EARLY spring, its still going to be cold for a while! so unless you live somewhere where its warm right now then rock your shorts and skirts but dont if you live where its 32 degrees still.

3. Dont mix obviouse spring/summer/winter pieces
     Alot of pieces I have in my closet can be mixed into diffrent seasons but from end-early not early winter-late spring obviously im not to much of a believer of wearing only winter only in winter. One of my biggest pet peeves though is wearing Uggs with shorts or dresses or skirts. now dont get me wrong, I absolutley LOVE my Uggs shorties! its just its like a contradiction if its warm enough to be wearing a leg bearing piece of clothing its too hot  to be wearing fur lined boots! it annoys me. Another example is wearing heavy wool knit sweaters with shorts, I know it folows the rule covered on top bare on bottom or vise versa but that doesnt mean wear a winter sweater on top! lol

4. Dont show everything
    Lets face it, some women (and men) know that theyve got bodies to be proud of but that doesnt mean we want to see all of it! For women, if you wear your itty bitty kooka revealing shorts dont wear your skin tight white tee shirt! Its all about balance when dressing yourself, if you wear your kooka shorts, wear a nice flowy shirt on top that will counteract the revealingness of your uh hum "shorts". Along with the opposite way, if you wear a long flowy boho skirt in a wild print keep your top solid and more form fitting so your not so fabric-y on top.

5. Clothing for your setting
     So at my school towards the end of the year and in the last weeks before school ends my school has half days and the pool will be open. this does not mean wear your swim suit to school! lol like go home and chain, I doubt people wear their swimsuits to the workplace so for people who are still in school leave the bikini at home then go change.

So those are my comandments for spring!
whats your spring staple and rules? email me at Flashnglam247@yahoo.com

stay flash and glam!
XOXO,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment